Be Supportive, Respectful, and Kind:
Whether you've come to share your work, ask questions, or to generously share what you know, remember that we’re all here to learn, together. Be welcoming and patient, especially with those who may not know everything you do. Bring your creativity and spirit of collaboration. That basically covers it. But these three guidelines may help:
- Be generous, and assume good intentions. Feedback is sometimes difficult to both give and receive. Keep in mind that the participants sharing work and giving feedback are sincere in their desire to help. Stay open and listen and take in what resonates for you.
- Be respectful: Rudeness and belittling language are not welcome. Your tone should match the way you'd talk in person with someone you respect and whom you want to respect you.
Sundance Institute is committed to ensuring that our online community is free of harassment, discrimination, sexism, and threatening or disrespectful behavior. We reserve the right to revoke, without notice or refund, access to the Collab for those who engage in this behavior. To report misconduct of any kind, please contact us. Behavior that will not be tolerated includes:
- Name-calling. Focus on the work, not the person. That includes terms that feel personal even when they're applied to posts (like "lazy", "ignorant", or "whiny").
- Bigotry of any kind. Language likely to offend or alienate individuals or groups based on race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, etc. will not be tolerated. At all. (Those are just a few examples; when in doubt, just don't.)
- Inappropriate language or attention. Avoid vulgar terms and anything sexually suggestive. Also, this is not a dating site.
- Harassment and bullying. If you see a hostile interaction, please let us know. If it keeps up, disengage — we'll handle it. If something needs staff attention, you can use the contact us link at the bottom of every page.
Participation requires that you respect the individual expression and intellectual property of others. It also requires that you acknowledge that others may have a similar or the same story idea or concept as yours. While this site depends on the good will and good faith of all the users, it is not a substitute for or waiver of standard intellectual property law including copyright. The Sundance Institute provides this site as a neutral site and by using this site you release and hold harmless Sundance Institute from any claims. You also agree to adhere to DMCA procedures in the event you believe another user has infringed your copyright in your expression and writing.
We're proud to be a welcoming and generous community where collaboration and good intentions and a desire to inspire positive change in the world is behind everything we do.
In summary, have fun, and be good to each other.